Premade OTC Natural Toothpaste
Don't feel like making toothpaste at home?
This is a list of Natural toothpastes found online that don't contain gluten, artificial colors or sweeteners, parabens, propylene glycol, or SLS. They also are vegan and cruelty free (which I love!) I have observed patients who get a frequent canker sores find relief by eliminating these types of ingredients, especially SLS, from their toothpaste. Many patients are reducing or eliminating fluoride from their products due to thyroid issues.
- Uses nanohydroxyapatite (n-Ha). Hydroxyapatite is what makes up most of your tooth structure.
- This toothpaste is said to remineralize teeth without fluoride to prevent and heal small cavities. I don't know about the cavities but I can feel that my teeth aren't as cold sensitive anymore.
- A little pricey $11 for just 1 tube of this stuff. But you only use a pea-sized amount. Instructions say it's so natural that you don't have to rinse after brushing with it. I have to say, the mouth-feel after brushing with this toothpaste was...pleasant. It didn't feel sticky or too strong smelling or chemically.
- My patient said this is the only toothpaste that won't make her break out in canker sores.
- This toothpaste is cruelty free and kosher certified. There are many varieties of flavors and ingredients.
- One con is that they put sorbitol powder in it.
- I've been using this for about 3 months now and I have noticed a reduction of my sensitivity
The Ela Mint version is found here